Thursday, August 31, 2006

Swept Under My Rug

Occasionally you have to do a little house cleaning. I was amazed at what I recently found....Swept Under My Rug......

A necklace....with the other half in the jewelry box of a long, lost girlfriend.

A coin from Greece...the night I discovered Ouzo.

A pressed Dogwood Flower, in a Bible, from a long walk in the woods.

Old concert tickets....for The Doobie Brothers, Allman Brothers, Grand Funk, Led Zeppelin, George Harrison, Seals & Crofts and Elton John.

Rock posters from a room that will never be slept in again.

An old slide rule....used by my Dad at Southern Tech.

An old calculator used by me in high school chemistry.

A high school letter, full of medals....signifying nothing.

The label from a bottle of Italian wine...the day some sailors decided to look over the bay of Naples....and watch the sunset....without the help of a bar....or girls.

And an old Yamaha guitar....with so many stories....yet untold.

No comments: