Saturday, June 27, 2009





Until Someday

Old photos hanging on the wall
Above the ironing board
In a room I visit each morning before work

Children dance in the fallen leaves
And stare at their shadows on a lonely Florida beach
And a father always behind the lens

Captured innocence of youth
Forever in a frame
And forever in my mind

Staring into the mirror I can see the reflections shatter
The glass shards crash to the floor
As the man that was once me is broken

Broken pieces of a life once known
Are but pieces of no hope now
And they are pieces that cannot be merged together again

I will tend my gardens
I will work my flowers
I will watch my colours fade into fall

And Until Someday there are words of promise
Words that call me back
I will join my flowers fate into fall

No comments: