Sunday, June 26, 2005

A Sunday Morning Rain

There is nothing more peaceful than an early Sunday morning rain. I don't know what it is about the timing of the rain that tends to relax your mind....perhaps it is nature's way of closing out your weekend, after working and sweating in your gardens on Saturday....just to say "thanks for taking care of me".

I love to sit in my little room and watch the raindrops splash in the birdbath....or trickle down the hosta and rhodendron leaves....until they finally make it down to the soil and vanish forever. They visit briefly and then hurry on to perform their own task of making sure the plants I provide up top are taken care of underneath. Welcome underground.....now do your stuff!

As The Eagles sang years ago....."I get a Peaceful, Easy Feeling...and I know you won't let me down"......bring on the peace! I could use some peace......

No comments: